EARLY YEARS STARTING POINTS
- Humpty Dumpty and friends
- Chinese New Year
- Percy the Park Keeper
Early Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the statutory standards that all early years providers must meet. This includes all maintained schools, non-maintained schools, independent schools and all providers on the Early Years Register.
The EYFS aims to provide:
- quality and consistency in all early years settings
- a secure foundation for all children for good progress through school and life
- partnerships between different practitioners
- partnerships between parents or carers and practitioners
- equality of opportunity for all children
Reception Baseline Assessment
This year we will be assessing all children on entry to Reception. This is a national assessment programme and takes place within the first half term.
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
At Whitley Memorial we use Tapestry to record the learning of all the children in Nursery and Reception. Parents need to give us an email address to access their child's journal and also agree to certain rules around the use of the photographs and assessments.