EARLY YEARS STARTING POINTS
- Harry and the Dinosaurs
- Special Times
Early Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the statutory standards that all early years providers must meet. This includes all maintained schools, non-maintained schools, independent schools and all providers on the Early Years Register.
The EYFS aims to provide:
- quality and consistency in all early years settings
- a secure foundation for all children for good progress through school and life
- partnerships between different practitioners
- partnerships between parents or carers and practitioners
- equality of opportunity for all children
All early years providers must complete an EYFS profile for each child in the final term of the year in which they turn 5. For most children this is the Reception year in primary school.
The main purpose is to provide an accurate assessment of individual children at the end of the EYFS. The profile describes each child’s attainment against 17 early learning goals, together with a short narrative about their learning characteristics.
Tapestry Online Learning Journal
At Whitley Memorial we use Tapestry to record the learning of all the children in Nursery and Reception. Parents need to give us an email address to access their child's journal and also agree to certain rules around the use of the photographs and assessments.