Our Christian Vision, Values and Ethos
Whitley Memorial Church of England Primary School
'Let Your Light Shine.'
Our core values are at the heart of our school ethos and Christian environment. These values form the scaffold of our half-termly Worship themes and are also taught explicitly throughout the school. Our values are: Thankfulness, Trust, Perseverance, Justice, Service, Truthfulness, Generosity, Compassion, Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship and Respect.
Our school will:
As a Church of England school we believe everyone can 'Let Your Light Shine' through:
- Providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian practice and belief
- Continually reviewing and refining our practice
- Providing encouragement and opportunities for everyone to discover and use the gifts and talents they’ve been given by God, in a safe environment
- Ensuring that Christian and British values are at the core of everything we do
- Being a fully inclusive school where all children feel safe and welcome and are encouraged to be kind, thoughtful, tolerant and respectful to all within school, the church and the wider community
- Having a positive approach to behaviour based on Christian principles and using the 'Thrive' approach.
- Valuing parents as the first teachers of children and to welcome parents as partners in our school community
- Providing opportunities to worship together and with our local community